Thanks to all of you that have submitted some really good ideas. Most (OK ALL) of these ideas are ones that I haven’t thought of, or did not know to exist (Tram to the Big Buddha??). I’ll keep the “polls” open for ideas for another 2 weeks and will decide my final itinerary a few days before departure and will announce the winners at that point. I’ll give the winners a chance to give me some ideas for souvenirs just in case a Hong Kong Refrigerator Magnet or expired Octopus Card was not what you were expecting!!
Thanks again for these really great ideas, and keep them coming in for the next 2 weeks. I’ll update the list in a few days.
For those of you reading about this for the first time, CLICK HERE to be take to my earlier post explaining the contest.
Here are the ideas so far:
1. Catch A Horse Race and a Cocktail
2. Macau Style Noodle Shop
3. Lan Kwai Fong
4. HK Times Square —-Being an authentic New Yorker, this may allow for an interesting comparison
5. Central Business District
6. Soccer Game @ HK University
7. Tram / Harbour Cruise
8. 1/2 Day Trip to Macau (would need to polish up on Black Jack skills)
9. Visit Old Fort a Macau for Portugese influenced Chinese Food
10. Hop the border into the People’s Republic of China for an afternoon (Get a 3 day Visa in order to do it. That would look nice in my passport…..)
11. Peak Tram UP the hill, Bus Ride down. Potential to take the world’s longest escalator trip.
12. Symphony of Lights in the Evening. Be on the ferry crossing the harbor during the show…….
13. Siberian Vodka Room
14. Noodle and Dry Seafood Shops at Sheung Wan/Kennedy Town
15. Visit TST for the day, and night views of HK Harbour
16. Go to NP360 and visit Giant Buddha
17. Fortune read at Wong Tai Sheen and visit Buddhist Temple
18. Cha Chaan Tan (HK style food stall)
19. Night Markets in Mong Kok