For those of you who have been visiting my blog since it started (3 weeks ago, and THANK YOU!….) you would have read my post about my upcoming trip to Hong Kong. If you haven’t had a chance to read it, you can Click Here to go catch up!
Since this is my first visit to HKG, I decided to have some fun with it and have a contest to help me find things to do for the roughly 36 hours that I’ll be on the ground. The 3 readers with the best ideas (judged solely by Mrs. LufthansaFlyer and myself) will win souvenirs from HKG. So far here are the ideas/entries. They are in no particular order:
1. Catch A Horse Race and a Cocktail
2. Macau Style Noodle Shop
3. Lan Kwai Fong
4. HK Times Square —-Being an authentic New Yorker, this may allow for an interesting comparison
5. Central Business District
6. Soccer Game @ HK University
7. Tram / Harbour Cruise
8. 1/2 Day Trip to Macau (would need to polish up on Black Jack skills)
9. Visit Old Fort a Macau for Portugese influenced Chinese Food
10. Hop the border into the People’s Republic of China for an afternoon (Get a 3 day Visa in order to do it. That would look nice in my passport…..)
11. Peak Tram UP the hill, Bus Ride down. Potential to take the world’s longest escalator trip.
12. Symphony of Lights in the Evening. Be on the ferry crossing the harbor during the show…….
13. Siberian Vodka Room
14. Noodle and Dry Seafood Shops at Sheung Wan/Kennedy Town
15. Visit TST for the day, and night views of HK Harbour
16. Go to NP360 and visit Giant Buddha
17. Fortune read at Wong Tai Sheen and visit Buddhist Temple
18. Cha Chaan Tan (HK style food stall)
19. Night Markets in Mong Kok
20. Roasted Chestnuts From Street Vendors
21. “EGGIES” – this has peaked my curiosity…
22. Eat at various Dai Pai Dongs
23. Wing Wah Noodle Restaurant
24. Junk Ride (Duk Ling) in Harbour
25. Nature Walk by Peak
26. Buy Chinese Porcelain for Mrs. LufthansaFlyer
There have been some duplicates so the first reader with the idea will get the credit. I’ll keep the contest open for another week (ending next Wednesday, 23 November) and will announce the winners by the following Saturday. At that point I’ll reach out to the winners to have their input on souvenir ideas. A BIG Thanks to EVERYONE who took the time to submit these ideas. I would have never have discovered these opportunities on my own. The only thing left to worry about is whether or not my upgrade clears……anyone have any ideas for that??