Lufthansa will soon begin selling prepaid Travel passes that will allow passengers to travel from Frankfurt or Munich to anywhere in Europe using a prepaid card that is allocated in flight hours. The sales will last only during the Holiday Season.
Known as ‘Timepass’, each card can be purchased in 6, 9 or 12 hour increments and can be used to book economy flights anywhere that LH flies in Europe. ‘Timepass’ will be available for individual travelers as well as for 2 passengers traveling together under a Companion Timepass.
The individual Timepass will cost as low as €249 Euro and will be available in 6, 9, and 12 hour denominations. The €249 is the price for the 6 hour card. Expect pricing to be higher for the 9 and 12 hour cards.
Companion Timepass pricing starts at €429 for a 6 hour pass and allows for 2 passengers to travel at the same time on one Timepass.
Passengers can book as many flights as they can fit within the hours that are available on the card. For example, if you book a roundtrip ticket using Timepass to fly between Frankfurt and Prague, and if those flights are 1 hour each way, your card will be debited for 2 hours.
You can use Timepass on flights that take place between April 1, 2018 and October 27, 2018 (except for the blackout dates listed below).
There are a few restrictions for the program:
- You can only book a route only once. For example, you can only use Timepass between a city pair only once. You can’t book multiple trips to the same city.
- Travel must be roundtrip. One way tickets cannot be booked with Timepass.
- Tickets will book into ‘Economy Light’ fare class.
- You must have a Friday or Saturday night stay at your destination.
- Timepasses can not be used for booking domestic flights within Germany.
- Black out dates for Frankfurt: May 19-20, 2018, June 22-24, 2018, September 28-30, 2018.
- Black out dates for Munich: May 19-20, 2018, July 27-29, 2018.
For more information and FAQs on how the program works, and to sign up to be alerted when the Timepass is available for purchase, please visit Lufthansa’s Timepass Webpage.